You are Here : Business  >  More Business  >  Land Charges
Saturday , July , 20 2024
| Language and Accessibility

Local Land Charges Search

A Local Authority Search is usually requested by a solicitor on behalf of purchasers of land or property, and forms part of the conveyancing process. The standard questions give potential buyers details of any restrictions or legal obligations, which are enforceable against successive owners.

Since 21st April 2020 Carlisle City Council no longer provides a Local Land Charges service. Since then, the Local Land Charges Register migrated to HM Land Registry and you can access the new digital service through your portal account, Business Gateway and on GOV.UK.

Carlisle City Council  continues to provide replies to CON29 enquiries.

For more information visit the HM Land Registry Local Land Charges programme page.

The Con29 (Standard Enquiries of the Local Authority) search shows information about planning, building regulations, highways and environmental services. CON29 comprises of Required and Optional parts.

  Land Charges FAQ

Personal Search

A personal search is an inspection of the Local Land Charges Register and can be carried out by anyone. There is no fee for a personal inspection of this register. 

It is the responsibility of the person carrying out the personal search to identify the land/property and to make any notes of information held on the Register.

For more information visit the HM Land Registry Local Land Charges programme page.

Planning and Building Control information can be requested at [email protected].  For Environmental information please contact [email protected]

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically