Funding to support charities and research institutions that promote animal welfare and the advancement of veterinary science.
Petplan Charitable Trust offers grants to registered charities and scientific institutions to support advances in veterinary science and the work of organisations across the UK committed to the health and wellbeing of animals.
There are two categories of funding:
- Welfare grants between £5,000 and £25,000 for the direct benefit of species supported by the Trust (ie, dogs, cats, horses, and rabbits).
- Scientific grants consisting of:
- Initial Scientific grants over £10,000 for veterinary medicine research projects lasting up to three years.
- Pump Primer/Pilot grants up to £10,000 lasting no more than one year for graduates embarking on a research career.
Eligible activities include:
- Rescue and rehoming.
- Animal housing maintenance and repairs.
- Neutering and other veterinary services.
- Clinical research.
- Animal welfare education projects.
Funding can be used to cover costs such as veterinary or research equipment, veterinary fees, salaries, and vehicles.
The application deadlines are: 26 November for Initial Scientific grants; 10 December for Welfare Grants; and 25 March 2022 for Pump/Pilot grants.
How To Apply
The next application deadlines are as follows:
- Initial Scientific grants – 26 November 2021
- Welfare grants – 10 December 2021
- Pump/Pilot grants – 25 March 2022
Guidance notes for each fund are available from the Petplan Charitable Trust website.
To apply, applicants must first register on the Trust’s website. A link will then be provided to an online application form.
If a charity has been successful in two consecutive years, there will be a requirement for a two-year break before applying again.
Useful documents & links
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this grant locally, please contact the following:
- Cath Bourg
Petplan Charitable Trust
Great West House (GW2)
Great West Road
Tel: 020 8580 8013
Email: [email protected]