Following on from its initial programme last year, in which Barclays awarded 100 grants of £100,000 each to UK registered charities, Barclays has extended the programme to make 50 grants of £100,000 available to UK registered charities with an income exceeding £1 million.
Barclays is seeking UK based charity partners who can show their work is positively impacting people in the UK communities where Barclays has a presence.
The funding is intended to support communities as they emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, with a focus on the following four priority areas:
- Help for people experiencing physical and mental health issues.
- Financial assistance for people facing financial hardship.
- Support for ethnically diverse communities disproportionately impacted by the crisis.
- Enhancing digital accessibility.
Applicants will need to:
- Demonstrate a track record and ability to deliver impactful, on-the-ground support to directly meet the needs of vulnerable communities facing social and economic hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Articulate how funding from Barclays will be deployed to meaningfully support/boost their work.
- Meet the immediate needs of vulnerable communities, in at least one of the four focus areas listed above.
- Be able to use the funds within 12 months of receipt of the donation.
- Demonstrate positive outcomes from their programmes through high-level impact metrics.
- Effectively run the charity to ensure a sound financial position.
How To Apply
Applications to this second round will be accepted from 12 July 2021 until 6 August 2021 (6pm).
The criteria/guidelines, frequently asked questions, and online application form can be found on Barclays website.
Shortlisted organisations will be invited to complete the full Barclays due diligence process to confirm their formal eligibility to receive the funding. Once all governance is complete and has been approved, the donation will be confirmed in writing.
Useful documents & links
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this grant locally, please contact the following:
- Community Aid Package Enquiries
Barclays Bank Plc
1 Churchill Place
Tel: 0300 462 515
Email: [email protected]