A small number of grants are available each year to small not-for-profit groups which can demonstrate a positive impact on the communities they serve across the UK.
- Funding body:
- Better Community Business Network
- Maximum value:
- £ 3,000
- Application deadline:
Launched in 2014, the Better Community Business Network (BCBN) Grant Initiative aims to provide small third-sector grant awards to empower charities and local community projects.
Objectives of Fund
Funding is intended to improve the quality of life and expectations of people and their communities, especially those who come from disadvantaged or socially deprived backgrounds.
Grants of up to £3,000 are available.
There is a total funding pot of £36,000 each year, with 12 grants awarded annually.
Who Can Apply
The following types of organisation may apply:
- Community, self-help or voluntary groups.
- Charities, including local branches of national charities.
- Organisations with charitable aims.
Applicants must be:
- Addressing a community issue or supporting a local community initiative.
- Providing benefits to the local population.
- Able to demonstrate that money awarded will be used for project-specific costs.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Overseas projects.
- For-profit initiatives.
- Party political activity.
- Individual sponsorship.
- Travel and accommodation.
- Multiple applications: successful applicants may only apply once per year and unsuccessful applicants may apply in the next quarterly term.
- Part-funding of projects.
- Running costs and expenses.
- Professional associations or training of professionals.
- Endowments, loans, deficits, general appeals.
- Grant-giving charities.
- Building projects.
- Non-essential items.
Causes supported by the funders include:
- Extra-curricular clubs
- Cancer research
- Healthy eating
- Shelter projects
- Food banks
- Arts and Culture
- Sport activities
- Library funds
- Natural disasters
- Regeneration projects
- Social cohesion
How To Apply
The next deadline for applications is 26 November 2021 (5pm), for awards on 7 December 2021.
Applicants who have not received correspondence from the funders after the award date have been unsuccessful.
Full guidelines and an online application form can be found on the Better Community Business Network website.
Useful documents & links
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this grant locally, please contact the following:
Better Community Business Network
50 Havelock Terrace
Email: [email protected]