Local students are being given the opportunity to apply for an educational charity grant.
The Carlisle Educational Charity provides grants to help the further education of young people from the Carlisle district under the age of 25.
All students currently undertaking, or about to undertake, a course in further or higher education, who live, or whose parental home is, within the boundaries of Carlisle City are eligible to apply for financial support. Students may apply each year of their course.
Applications forms must be completed and returned no later than Thursday 30 September 2021.
To apply you:
- must be aged under 25 on 1 October 2021.
- must be a resident (or your parents are residents) of Carlisle.
You must be:
- due to attend a full-time course this autumn at a university or institution of further education; or
- a graduate undertaking, or wishing to undertake, higher studies or obtain professional qualifications; or
- a student who has to travel in this country or abroad as part of their course (not travel to and from College/University).
When considering applications, the Trustees will take into account the financial circumstances of parents and the extent to which they have the financial means to support their children.
The Charity invites applications from any students that fit the criteria. However, the number of applications that the Trustees are able to support is limited. The Trustees will give priority to students from low-income families. This has, in the past, been regarded as families with a joint income of £21,000 and under. Students with a joint family income above this level are still invited to apply but should be aware that, should sufficient applications be received from families in the low-income bracket, it is unlikely that they will receive support.
For further information, visit www.carlisle.gov.uk/cecharity