Grants are available to support the development of collaborative research projects between UK cultural sector organisations and academic researchers.
- Funding body:
- Centre for Cultural Value
- Maximum value:
- £ 20,000
- Application deadline:
The Collaborate Fund is provided and administered by Centre for Cultural Value.
Objectives of Fund
Collaborate is an open-call programme through which Centre for Cultural Value will invest £200,000 into the cultural sector, which includes arts, cultural, heritage and screen practitioners and organisations, to support the development of rigorous, collaborative research projects into under explored, sector-driven questions of cultural value.
The fund has a total value of £200,000.
Grants of between £5,000 and £20,000 are available.
Match Funding Restrictions
Match funding is not a requirement. Centre for Cultural Value is, however, supportive of applicants using the fund as an opportunity to attract funding from other sources to develop more ambitious projects.
Who Can Apply
The fund is open to the following categories of applicants:
- Cultural sector: any UK based charitable organisation, creative practitioner or artist currently working in the arts, cultural, heritage or screen sectors.
- Academic researchers: individual academic researchers or research teams from any discipline. The applicant must have a PhD at the time of application and currently be working at a UK based university or higher education institution.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- For-profit organisations.
- Non-accredited museums.
- Funded sector support organisations.
- Academic researchers or research teams based outside of the UK or who are not currently working at a UK based university or higher education institution.
- Academic researchers who have not yet received their PhD.
- Independent researchers or those working in for-profit organisations.
Funding can cover all or part-costs of project activity including, but not limited to:
- Cultural sector partner time.
- Research assistant time, eg PhD researchers or student interns supporting project activity.
- Research participant costs, including volunteers supporting project activity/events.
- Project consumables.
- Venue and equipment hire.
- Travel and subsistence.
How To Apply
The following deadlines apply:
- Cultural sector organisations: Expressions of Interest may be made between 18 October 2021 and 24 November 2021.
- Academic researchers: Expressions of Interest may be made between 6 December 2021 and 26 January 2022.
The online application form will be available during the above application windows.
Guidance notes are available from the Centre for Cultural Value website.
Useful documents & links
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this grant locally, please contact the following:
Centre for Cultural Value
University of Leeds
Email: [email protected]