Grants are available to non-profit organisations across the UK to establish a new Community Fridge to minimise food waste.
- Funding body:
- Co-operative Group
- Maximum value:
- £ 4,000
- Application deadline:
Co-op have partnered with Hubbub Foundation to build on their existing network of Community Fridges around the UK.
Objectives of Fund
The funding is intended to support the development of Community Fridges that help to reduce food waste and meet the needs of diverse populations.
- Supporting applications in regions with a sparsity of Community Fridges (a map can be found on the Hubbub Foundation website).
- Supporting groups in areas with high levels of multiple deprivation.
- Ensuring a fair and inclusive application process with equal opportunities for everyone, regardless of background, culture or race.
Each successful applicant will receive a grant of £4,000.
There are 50 spaces to fill for this round.
Who Can Apply
Not-for-profit groups with a bank account may apply.
To be eligible for fuding, applicants must:
- Be setting up a new Community Fridge which has not yet opened.
- Establish the Community Fridge within six months and have intentions to sustain the project long-term.
The funders are particularly keen to receive applications which meet the following specifications:
- The fridge will be open to the entire community and not used for emergency food provision.
- There is not an existing Community Fridge or similar food project within a two-mile radius of the proposed location.
- The project group sees the potential to set up future food and environment-related projects.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Organisations based outside the UK.
- Anyone applying on behalf of another organisation.
- Organisations without at least two unconnected people on the board or committee.
- Companies aimed at generating profits for private distributution.
The funding can be used to cover:
- Staffing costs for the Community Fridge.
- Purchasing fridge/freezer(s).
- Community Fridge volunteer expenses.
- Utilities relating to the Community Fridge (water, electricity).
- Insurance for the Community Fridge.
- Print display materials.
- Cleaning materials.
- Relevant training (food hygiene, safeguarding).
UK, with a particular focus on areas with high levels of multiple deprivation.
How To Apply
The deadline for applications is 16 August 2021 (9am).
An online application form and further guidance notes can be found on the Hubbub Foundation website.
Useful documents & links
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this grant locally, please contact the following:
Hubbub UK Ltd
Email: [email protected]