Grants for groups providing charitable activities in response to the impact of the COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic in Cumbria.
Cumbria Community Foundation funds and donations from the public.
• To assist groups and organisations providing services and support to individuals and families, whether singly or collectively, affected by the Coronavirus pandemic.
What you can apply for:
• running costs, including staff costs, volunteer expenses and transport costs
• small capital costs are also eligible, providing the capital items are directly linked to supporting the above groups
We aim to provide support for the following: (this is not an exhaustive list)
• activities that help vulnerable people who are self-isolating
• community response coordination
• volunteer costs
• additional costs of working remotely and adapting services delivered in the wider community
• foodbanks and organisations working to combat child hunger
Priority will be given to the following: (this is not an exhaustive list)
• groups that support the ongoing needs of vulnerable people to ensure that their health and wellbeing is maintained.
What the Fund cannot support:
• salary costs for Parish Clerks
The Government is making provision for support for individuals and businesses.
How much can you apply for?
There will be no maximum or minimum award amount. The Foundation hopes to offer smaller grants (circa £250) to community-based groups mutual aid and self-help groups, and larger grants (over £1,000) to organisations offering district or county level support.
Grants will only be made to groups and organisations that can evidence that they are working safely and adhering to government guidance regarding the virus.
The Fund is dedicated to Cumbria. A national appeal has also launched and the National Emergencies Trust will distribute money raised through a number of charitable organisations, including community foundations. This funding will be in addition to grants we award from our Fund and may have different arrangements.
If you would like to know more about this fund please contact:
Grants Team on 01900 825760 or email [email protected]
Please read the Cumbria COVID-19 Response Fund Guidance to Applicants before applying.
To apply for a grant, click here.
We will not accept applications in response to COVID-19 unless you complete the correct application form.