The ETPEP Award is a playwriting prize for new UK playwrights who work or have worked in the theatre industry, run by the Finborough Theatre in association with the Experienced Theatre Practitioners Early Playwriting Trust (ETPEP).
The Award is open to UK residents of any age who have not had a play professionally produced, and who have worked front of house, in administrative roles, on stage, backstage, lighting, design etc or in a creative capacity in theatre for at least two years, either now or in the past.
The play submitted must be an original, unperformed and unproduced piece of work. It cannot have received a professional production in any form, anywhere in the world.
The winner will receive a prize of £6,000 and the following benefits:
- A development relationship with the Finborough Theatre including one-to-one dramaturgy with Finborough Theatre Artistic Director and playwright Neil McPherson.
- A rehearsal workshop with actors and a director to develop the play.
- A staged reading performance of the winning play either at the Finborough Theatre, London (pandemic permitting), or online.
- Publication by Salamander Street, independent publisher of theatre, performance and live art.
Ten runner-up prizes of £300 each will also be awarded.
The deadline for applications is 23:00 BST on 30 April 2021.
How To Apply
To apply, individuals are required to submit to [email protected] the following:
- One full-length play (without contact details).
- Cover sheet with contact details.
- Referee contact details or references.
Application guidelines are available from the website of Finborough Theatre.