Grants are available to help Pro Club Community Organisations of EFL League One and Two, National League and Women's Super League clubs to engage fans ahead of the 2021/22 season.
- Funding body:
- The Football Foundation
- Maximum value:
- £ 6,000
- Application deadline:
The Return of Supporters Fund is administered by the Football Foundation with funding provided by the Premier League's Football Stadia Improvement Fund via the Fans Fund.
Objectives of Fund
The aim of the Return of Supporters Fund is to support Pro Club Community Organisations (PCCOs) to engage with fans, no matter what their position is on returning to watch their team. Accordingly, grants are provided to help the following:
- Celebrate - grants will be provided to help PCCOs celebrate the return of fans who are already returning to stadia on matchday.
- Transition - grants will be provided to help PCCOs provide opportunities that will support the transition of fans that are ready to return.
- Engage - grants will be provided to help PCCOs engage with fans who are unsure about returning to the stadium.
- Support - grants will be provided to help PCCOs support those fans who are not able to attend the stadium on matchday.
Grants of up to £6,000 are available.
Who Can Apply
Applications will be accepted from Pro Club Community Organisations of EFL League One and Two, National League and Women's Super League football clubs.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Food and beverages.
- Salary costs.
- Capital costs.
Applicants will need to spend their Return of Supporters funding focusing on at least one of four key areas:
- Developing matchday opportunities for fans and supporters including events and activities to celebrate their return.
- Developing opportunities for non-matchday fan engagement via delivery of non-matchday activities, including capacity building online and social media provision.
- Supporting formal and informal fan and supporter groups with their work, including volunteer support and training.
- Improving fan and community engagement - develop and sustain links to the local community including under-represented groups.
Eligible costs include:
- Facility hire.
- Volunteer training.
- Equipment hire and purchase.
- Equipment purchase limited to £1,000 per item, ie staging gazebos and ancillary items.
- External providers for activities and sessions.
- Website and social media platform development, ie fan focused website pages on PCCO sites.
- Project Coordinator costs up to £1,500, ie 15 match day events at £20 per hour x 5 hours per event.
England and Wales
How To Apply
The deadline for applications is 11 July 2021.
The application process is available online at the Football Foundation's website. Organisations must first create an account for the Foundation's grants portal and can then access the application guidance notes and the online application form.
Useful documents & links
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this grant locally, please contact the following:
The Football Foundation
10 Eastbourne Terrace
Tel: 0345 345 4555
Email: [email protected]