A funding programme open to registered charities in England and Wales for projects to support young people into employment is accepting applications.
The Lawrence Atwell's Charity aims to help young people free themselves from poverty and disadvantage by heading into the job they want. In line with this aim, its Charities Programme has been established to award grants for projects to support young people to move into employment or become employment ready.
Charities Programme applications are being accepted from registered charities and non-profit organisations based in England and Wales. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have an annual turnover not exceeding £1 million.
- Be able to provide at least one set of audited or independently examined annual accounts.
- Not be seeking a grant that represents more than 20% of the current annual running costs of the organisation.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Help young people attain a vocational qualification.
- Offer long-term tracking of beneficiaries, to establish quality outcomes.
- Operate in partnership with other local organisations.
- Are based in London and Kent, the historic areas of Skinners' Company activity.
Grants of up to £10,000 per year are available, with awards for three years open to consideration.
Applications are considered twice a year. The next deadline for applications is 4 March 2022.
How To Apply
Applications will be considered at meetings of the Committee in April and November each year. The next deadline for applications is 4 March 2022.
Prospective applicants are requested to contact Lawrence Atwell's Charity by email with a short outline of their project. If they are eligible, the Charity will then contact the organisation with full details of how to apply.
Useful documents & links
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this grant locally, please contact the following:
- Trust Administrator
The Skinners' Company - Welfare, Education and Organisational Grants
Lawrence Atwell's Charity
8 Dowgate Hill
Tel: 020 7213 0561
Email: [email protected]