Funding for local projects that help Armed Forces communities across the UK reduce loneliness or isolation and improve wellbeing as the nation recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust is currently accepting applications for round two.
Established registered charities or community interest companies, Armed Forces unit/bases, local authorities, and schools can apply for grants of up to £10,000.
The grants will support local community projects that can start within a month of being awarded a grant and be completed within a year or less.
Projects should address one of two main themes:
- Empowering Armed Forces communities to become more engaged in their local area.
- Providing opportunities for isolated members of the Armed Forces community to take part in activities that improve general wellbeing.
Funding can be used for a wide range of projects. The following are some examples of the types of projects that might be prioritised:
- Projects that encourage veterans and Armed Forces families to be less isolated.
- Projects supporting children and young people from Armed Forces families who found lockdown challenging. This might include play projects, sports or arts projects and projects encouraging friendships and interaction with children and young people from local civilian communities.
- Projects supporting parents from Armed Forces families with pre-school aged or very young children.
- Projects that will have a positive impact on wellbeing for veterans or carers of veterans, or Armed Forces families.
- Projects that help local Armed Forces charities or CICs to keep delivering help to local Armed Forces communities, where COVID has made this more challenging.
The grant can be used to pay for most things needed for the project or activity.
Project ideas do not need to be new. The programme can fund extensions of existing work if this will make a difference to Armed Forces communities.
There are three application rounds in 2021.
The deadline for the second round is 2 August 2021 with decisions in late October 2021.
How To Apply
The Trust has announced the application deadlines for 2021:
- Round 1 - deadline of midday on 12 April 2021 with a decision by 31 June 2021.
- Round 2 - deadline of midday on 2 August 2021 with a decision by 31 October 2021.
- Round 3 - deadline of midday on 19 November 2021 with a decision by 28 February 2022.
The 2021 guidance notes, frequently asked questions, online application portal and other resources are available on the Trust's website.
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this grant locally, please contact the following:
Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust
7 Hatherley Street
Email: [email protected]