Grants are available for UK charitable organisations undertaking projects that address poverty.
- Funding body:
- Mrs L D Rope Third Charitable Settlement
- Maximum value:
- Application deadline:
- None specified
The Mrs L D Rope's Third Charitable Settlement offers grants to charitable organisations working in the UK.
Objectives of Fund
The scheme is intended to support charitable organisations working to alleviate poverty in communities.
Grants made to charities outside the primary beneficial area of East Suffolk are usually one-off and range between £100 and £2,000.
Match Funding Restrictions
The Charity will not usually offer matched funding for National Lottery, statutory or European funding bids. However, if on a very much smaller scale, a donation from the Charity is likely to encourage other donors to come forward then an application may be considered.
Who Can Apply
Charitable organisations operating in the UK are eligible to apply.
Priority will be given to the following:
- Organisations that have low administrative costs.
- Organisations operating in East Suffolk.
- Grassroots organisations that have a strong volunteer presence.
Funding is not available for the following:
- New projects overseas or individuals working overseas.
- Nation-wide appeals.
- Large charities.
- The replacement of funds that may be available elsewhere from statutory sources.
- Overheads such as paid employment, office running costs, fundraising and other professional fees.
- Capital grants for the construction, purchase, maintenance or renovation of any kind of building.
- Medical research and health care.
- Fees for private education.
- Environmental charities and animal welfare.
- Performing, literary or visual arts.
- The repayment of debt.
Funding is available for the following:
- Helping people who struggle to live on very little income, including the homeless.
- Helping charities in the local area of East Suffolk.
- Helping people who live in deprived inner city and rural areas of the UK, particularly young people who lack the opportunities that may be available elsewhere.
- Helping to support family life.
- Helping disabled people.
- Helping certain types of Roman Catholic charities and ecumenical projects.
How To Apply
The application process is ongoing and interested applicants may apply at any time.
Applications must be made in writing and should include the following:
- A copy of the organisation's most recent accounts.
- A budget for the project.
- Details of other funding that has been sought.
Applicants are advised to contact Mrs L D Rope Third Charitable Settlement for further information.
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this grant locally, please contact the following:
Mrs L D Rope Third Charitable Settlement
Lucy House, St William Court
Tel: 01473 333288
Email: [email protected]