Funding is available to small and medium-sized enterprises in the UK to help them develop composites products.
- Funding body:
- National Composites Centre
- Maximum value:
- £ 25,000
- Application deadline:
- None specified
The National Composites Centre (NCC) is providing and administering the SME Boost Programme.
Objectives of Fund
The purpose of the programme is to make innovative composites research and development as straightforward as possible for the UK's smaller companies, supporting activities such as feasibility studies to see how composites can help improve an idea, or upscaling an existing product to meet future requirements.
Match funding of up to £25,000 is available through the programme.
Programme participants also receive access to the NCC's knowledge network.
Match Funding Restrictions
Applicants must provide match funding to the value of the grant they are applying for, to a maximum of £25,000.
Who Can Apply
Applications will be accepted from small and medium-sized businesses based in the UK.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Equipment for 'business as usual' jobs.
- Loaning out tooling/equipment for 'business as usual' jobs.
- Bid writing/support.
- Meeting room bookings.
Examples of suitable project themes include, but are not limited to:
- Upscaling - a new/existing composite product challenged by future rate requirements.
- Feasibility study - a new or existing product which could be enhanced using composite materials.
- Prototyping - design, build and test of new or existing composite products.
- Sustainability assessments - reviewing the environmental impact of new or existing composite products.
How To Apply
Support may be accessed at any time.
The Expression of Interest form can be found at the NCC website.
Useful documents & links
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this grant locally, please contact the following:
National Composites Centre
Email: [email protected]