Nationwide Building Society is offering grants of between £10,000 and £50,000 for projects of either one year or two years.
Projects should target one of Nationwide's three outcomes:
- Preventing people from losing their home.
- Helping people in a home.
- Supporting people to thrive within the home environment.
The funding will support core costs (up to 20% of the grant amount requested); staff and volunteer costs; small-scale capital costs; activity costs; development and capacity building costs ; and building works and refurbishment costs.
Nationwide has made two changes to its 2021 programme:
- Charities should have been running for at least three years and have a £25,000 minimum average income over three years.
- There is now a cap on the number of applications per region. This has been introduced in order to manage volumes and to preserve a success rate of approximately one in four (25% of those who apply within each region will receive funding). The cap means the date on which applications close in different regions may be earlier than 17 June 2021.
Applications will be accepted from 17 May to midnight on 17 June 2021.
How To Apply
The guidance notes and the online eligibility checker are available on the Nationwide Building Society website. Groups should read the Due Diligence guidance section at the end of the guidance notes. A list of all the documents needed for the application are also included in the guidance notes.
The 2021 timeline:
- Applications will be accepted from 17 May to midnight on 17 June 2021.*
- Applications will be reviewed from 22 June to 1 October 2021.
- Community Boards will meet to decide successful projects 11 October to 26 November
- Notification of decisions to projects on 1 December 2021
- Offer letters and payments made from 1 January 2022 to 15 February 2022.
* Note: the programme will be capping applications by region, which means the date on which applications close in different regions may be earlier than 17 June 2021.
Useful documents & links
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this grant locally, please contact the following:
Nationwide Building Society
Tel: 0800 30 20 11
Email: [email protected]