Since 2015, the annual Innovation Fund has supported volunteer organisations to spearhead new approaches in addressing inequalities in sexual health, reproductive health and HIV.
This year, voluntary sector and other non-profit organisations can apply for grants of between £30,000 and £60,000 for projects that are completed by 31 March 2022.
There is particular interest in projects that aim to:
- Address inequalities in sexual and/or reproductive health and HIV
- Offer culturally competent ways of addressing poor sexual and/or reproductive health
- Address stigma associated with sexual and reproductive health and HIV
- Address the wider determinants of health behaviours that increase the risk of HIV and sexually transmitted infection (STI) acquisition and/or unplanned pregnancy, such as mental health and drug and alcohol use
- Increase the integration of HIV and STI prevention into other areas of health promotion and service delivery
- Support the strengthening of pathways, access to services and those most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Test and evaluate ways to promote and increase uptake of the full range of contraceptive options, particularly in communities where knowledge and use is below the England average
- Promote accurate impartial information on pregnancy choices
- Seek to address issues around digital exclusion and consider how technology can enhance outcomes in sexual and/or reproductive health and HIV, such as reaching those distanced from physical services and those living outside of metropolitan areas
There is particular interest in projects that address at least two out of the three domains: reproductive health, sexual health and HIV prevention.
A webinar will be held on 23 July 2021 (13:00 – 14:00). This event will provide an overview of the application process and the opportunity to ask questions. The event will be recorded. Groups should register their interest by emailing [email protected]
The deadline for applications is 17:00pm on 13 August 2021.
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this grant locally, please contact the following:
- Innovation Fund team
Public Health England
133-155 Waterloo Road
Email: [email protected]