Funding for local not-for-profit groups and organisations including charities, schools, hospices, and friends of groups, for local community projects with a focus on supporting children and families in the UK.
After a brief pause the Tesco Bags of Help Programme has been relaunched as the Tesco Community Grants programme. Tesco offers this grants programme to make a positive difference in the communities where it operates: where Tesco communities thrive so do Tesco businesses and colleagues.
This year, the funding is intended for local good causes that focus on supporting children and families.
- Breakfast clubs.
- Holiday clubs.
- Food banks.
- Equipment or non-statutory services for nurseries or schools eg forest schools, library books
- Equipment for Brownie, Guide or Scout Groups eg camping equipment, badges
- Environmental improvements
- Play areas
- Counselling and support services
- Activities to support mental health
- Activities or equipment to reduce social isolation
- Equipment/kit for sports teams
- Services or equipment to support health issues such as cancer or dementia
- Equipment for village/community halls
The funding is for projects that are ready to be delivered, but it will not cover retrospective costs (already committed or spent such as design fees, planning permissions costs or community consultation).
The grants are decided by popular vote. Three projects in 575 local communities are voted on by customers in Tesco stores throughout the UK, with projects changing every three months.
Groups have an opportunity to receive a grant of £1,500, £1,000 or £500 depending on the number of votes their project receives.
There are no deadlines. This is a rolling programme and applications can be made at any time during the year.
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this grant locally, please contact the following:
- Tesco Community Grants Team
The Walker Building
52 Oxford Street
Email: [email protected]