Grants are available for registered UK-based charities and registered community interest organisations to support projects that promote the mental health and wellbeing of children and young adults.
- Funding body:
- The Pixel Fund
- Maximum value:
- £ 5,000
- Application deadline:
- None specified
The Pixel Fund is a small charity which distributes grants to other charities in its field of interest. Its focus is the mental health and wellbeing of children and young adults.
Objectives of Fund
The Fund aims to support improvement in mental health by providing grants to UK charities involved in the mental health and wellbeing of children and young adults. The Fund prefers to target its grant-giving to specific projects that will provide a measurable difference to the charities' users.
The Fund generally offers first grants of between £500 and £5,000. However, no single grant is ever more than 5% of annual income.
Who Can Apply
Applications will only be accepted from registered charities and registered community interest organisations based in the UK. Organisations not on the respective charity register of any of the UK nations cannot be granted to.
The Fund's focus is the mental health and wellbeing of children and young adults, and it will not grant to projects or organisations that are not core-focused on mental health related matters.
The following criteria apply:
- The Fund defines young adults as those aged under 26 years old at the start of any granted project or work stream. Where a project includes over 25s, the Fund will consider granting an appropriate percentage of the total costs.
- The Fund only makes grants to charities and community interest organisations registered in England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- Established charities must have:
- Fixed trustee term limits beyond which sitting trustees cannot remain in post.
- Considered organisational risk policies.
- No, or at least declared and recognised, conflicts of interest within the governance structures.
- A sustainable pension scheme.
- New charities will be expected to provide at least a first full set of accounts before the Fund will consider granting to the organisation.
Trustees have a strong preference for organisations with annual income of under £10 million.
Funding is not available for:
- Organisations not on the respective charity register of any of the UK nations.
- Organisations based outside the UK.
- Major charities who already have established income streams.
- Charities where the project or service is delivered overseas.
- Independent schools (other than those supporting children with special educational needs).
- Religious organisations.
Funding is intended to support specific projects that will provide a measurable difference to the applicant organisation's users, and not core costs. Organisations are invited to set out the details of their proposed project when applying.
How To Apply
Applications may be made at any time.
All initial enquiries must be submitted via the web contact form at the Pixel Fund website. If appropriate, the Fund will then invite the organisation to proceed with a full application.
Useful documents & links
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this grant locally, please contact the following:
- Jim Hitch
The Pixel Fund
9 Southlands Road
Email: [email protected]