Small grants are available for local projects, activities and organisations that have charitable aims and that will be of real direct benefit to families in England, Scotland and Wales.
- Funding body:
- Maximum value:
- £ 400
- Application deadline:
Funding is provided by Warburtons, a family run bakery business.
Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) is now helping to deliver the Warburtons Families Matter Community Grants programme, including the payment process.
Objectives of Fund
The principle aim of this funding is to focus on supporting families that need help the most, in a way which adheres to their principles of transparency, trust and transformation.
The aim of these small community grants is to support projects, activities and organisations that will be of real direct benefit to families and have a direct and tangible social impact on people’s lives.
Community grants of up to and including £400 are available.
Warburtons has a 'limited amount of money for grant funding and will not be able to support all applications'.
Match Funding Restrictions
Match funding is not a specified requirement.
Who Can Apply
Not-for-profit organisations with charitable purposes that are operating in England, Scotland and Wales are eligible to apply.
Employees of Warburtons are able to apply on behalf of organisations if they are actively involved with them (e.g. they are a volunteer, trustee, active supporter).
Funding is not available for the following:
- Organisations that:
- Discriminate on the basis of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, or national origin.
- Primarily promote political or religious viewpoints to their beneficiaries.
- Primarily focus on animals.
- Solely seek support for salaries.
- Use funds to make grants, bursaries or financial donations to other organisations or individuals.
- Cannot supply appropriate registration and financial documents, bank details and personal details of trustees/directors.
- Cannot report back on outcomes.
- May be harmful to the Warburtons business.
- Activities or projects that:
- Have a negative impact on the environment.
- Benefit Warburtons' commericial business.
- Have already taken place.
- Are for sponsorship, advertising and promotion alone, which primarily generate commercial returns.
Funding is available for projects that are working towards one of Warburtons' outcome areas:
- Health - supporting families to care for each other and lead healthier lives:
- Improving physical health
- Improving wellbeing
- Place - supporting families to flourish in communities that are safer, greener and more inclusive:
- Making spaces safe and inclusive
- Connecting communities with the environment
- Skills - supporting families to gain useful skills for life and work:
- Developing useful life skills
- Developing useful skills for employment.
Grants can be used to cover specific costs that will benefit the cause (e.g. purchasing equipment to support an employability project).
England, Scotland and Wales
How To Apply
The next set of quarterly deadlines are: 8 November 2021, 7 February 2022, 9 May 2022 and 8 August 2022.
Applications are considered quarterly. Decisions are typically made within six weeks of the deadline.
To access the application form, groups should click on the link on the Financial Giving section of the Warburton website. They will be redirected to the application form hosted by the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF).
CAF may get in touch with applicants directly, to ask for their bank account details and any documents they may need.
Contact Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) for further information.
Useful documents & links