Homeless Prevention & Rough Sleeper Strategy
Please note a comprehensive review of homelessness and rough sleeping has been undertaken and draft priorities / objectives for 2021-26 are currnetly out for public consultation until 20th November 2020; please let us know your views by taking a few minutes to complete the online survey by following the link below:
Following the end of the consultation, a final draft strategy will be developed for approval by Carlisle City Council; with an aim to be published in March 2021.
The Homelessness Act 2002 gives Housing Authorities the power to carry out homelessness reviews within the district areas; and places a statutory responsibility on housing authorities to formulate and publish a homelessness strategy based on the ongoing results of regular reviews.
The Homelessness Act 2002 requires the local housing authority to have a strategy which seeks to:
- prevent people from becoming homeless
- ensure that there is sufficient accommodation in the area for people who might become, or are homeless
- ensure that people who might be, or are homeless, have sufficient support to prevent them from becoming homeless again
- consult with other relevant agencies in carrying out the review and in preparing the strategy
The Interagency Homelessness Strategy for Carlisle 2015-20 was developed in consultation with key stakeholders following a comprehensive review of local trends, gap analysis and a review of National Policy.
Building on the strengths and achievements of the previous strategy, the 2015-20 strategy was developed to focus on four key priority areas:
- Appropriate flexible accommodation and support pathways
- Multiple Exclusion Homelessness and Rough Sleeping
- Positive outcomes for young people experiencing homelessness
- Prevent and relieve Homelessness
Following a full public consultation process, the Interagency Homelessness Strategy for Carlisle 2015-20 was subsequently agreed by full Council, published and launched in June 2015.
A delivery action plan was agreed by the members of the interagency group with shared ownership of actions. The group meets quarterly, where the action plan is reviewed and progress monitored. Ongoing trends and key achievements are reviewed annually; the results of which will be published on this page.
|Youth Offending & Probation Services
||NHS Foundation Trust
|JC+ / DWP
||Carlisle Food banks
||Two Castles Housing Association
||Carlisle City Council
|Cumbria County Council
||Carlisle and Eden District CAB
|Impact Housing Association
||Cumbria Law Centre
|Cumbria Law Centre
If you would like to find out more, get involved or request a hard copy of the strategy (or in a different format) please contact Tammie Rhodes on 01228 817217 or [email protected] for more information.