Apply For Planning.
The Council works in partnership with the Planning Portal to provide an online application service. We prefer electronic submission of planning applications.
The best way to apply is online through the government Planning website the
Planning Portal which will also let you:
- Create a site location plan (compulsory for all applications)
- Attach supporting documents (such as plans or photographs)
- Pay the application fee online.
You can also download forms and email into us at [email protected].
If you need help/advice and wish to use our Pre-Application Service, please see our guidance for further details.
From 1st April 2023 the pre-application service is no longer free for non householder applications and there will be a charge introduced for some types of applications.
How much will my planning application cost?
There are set fees for the type and scale of application. Use the planning portal to determine the fees for your application.
PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE A FEE INCREASE AS OF 6TH DECEMBER 2023. A Guide to the Fees for Planning Applications in England (planningportal.co.uk)
How can I pay my planning fees?
You can pay your fees a number of ways:
- Via the planning portal as you are applying
- Telephone us on (01228) 817388 and make a payment quoting the reference number of the application, please note we do not accept cheques.
If you are intending to build your own home or have a custom design built for you, then you may be eligible for a grant to cover the planning application and building regulations fee. Visit our Self-build and custom housebuilding grant page for details.