The Ireland Funds Great Britain has launched a new round of funding for charitable projects across Great Britain and Ireland.
Grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 are available for charities and not-for-profit organisations to support charitable projects in communities across Great Britain and the isle of Ireland, whether of Irish descent or not. Eligible organisations must be based within either Great Britain or the 32 Counties of Ireland and have an annual income of less than £1 million.
Funding is available for projects in the following areas:
- Community Development - Supporting initiatives that contribute to:
- The avoidance of hardship by supporting vulnerable members of society, whether of Irish descent or not, and servicing basic/critical needs.
- Peace and Reconciliation - Supporting initiatives in Northern Ireland that contribute to:
- The strengthening of cross-community relations.
- The treatment and resolution of transgenerational trauma.
- Assisting young people at risk across Northern Ireland’s communities.
- Education - Programmes that contribute to:
- Reconnecting people of all ages with education and employment opportunities.
- Reskilling and upskilling, in particular the older generation.
- Arts and Culture - Promoting initiatives that contribute to:
- Connecting communities with Irish culture and heritage.
- Sharing Irish culture with the next generation and across communities.
There is two staged application process. The first step requires applicants to submit a letter of enquiry outlining the details of the proposed project.
Letters of Enquiry for 2021 will be accepted from 8 November to 21 November (23:00).
How To Apply
There is a two-stage application process:
- Organisations first submit a Letter of Enquiry, outlining their project. Letters must be submitted via an online portal which can be accessed on the website of The Ireland Funds of Great Britain. Letters of Enquiry for 2021 will be accepted from 8 November to 21 November (23:00).
- Successful organisations will then be invited to submit a detailed application for funding. Successful organisations will be notified in December 2021.
Successful projects will be notified of their award offer in February 2022.
Application guidelines can be found on the website of The Ireland Funds Great Britain.
Useful documents & links
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this grant locally, please contact the following:
- Grants Team
The Ireland Funds Great Britain
Email: [email protected]