Funding to encourage communities to become more involved in sport and physical activity.
The Sport England Small Grants Programme aims to support local community sport projects that encourage people in England, regardless of age, background or level of ability, to feel able to get involved in sport and physical activity.
Grants of £300 to £15,000 are on offer for a twelve-month period to the following types of organisations:
- Community amateur sports clubs (as registered with HMRC).
- Unregistered voluntary and community organisations with a not-for-profit constitution.
- Registered charities.
- Not-for-profit companies (limited by guarantee without share capital or charitable incorporated organisation).
- Community interest companies (CICs) or other social enterprises.
- Community benefit societies.
- Schools using their facilities for wider community benefit.
- Local authority bodies (including town, parish and community councils).
Applicants do not have to be a sports organisation to apply as Sport England is more interested in the applicants' knowledge of and track record in the community that will benefit from the project.
The fund will support projects delivering recognised sports and physical activity and can cover costs such as:
- Volunteer training.
- Service alterations.
- Additional equipment.
The funders are also looking to support activities which focus on environmental sustainability.
The deadline to apply is 30 June 2023.
How To Apply
Guidance notes and the online application form are available on the Sport England website.