You are Here : Residents  >  Planning & Building Control  >  Building Control
Saturday , February , 29 2020
| Language and Accessibility

Apply for Building Regulations

To make an application you may apply online using submit-a-plan, or download our application forms.

Payments for all building regulations fees may be made in person (cheque or card), over the telephone or by post.

Either a 'Full Plans' or a 'Building Notice' application must be submitted before commencing most building work, including internal alterations, even where Planning Permission is not needed. There are exemptions for many conservatories, porches, sheds, small garages and some other work.

Flooding and Historic Buildings – Advice Note

This guidance is designed to assist those who live in, own or manage historic buildings that together with their historic fixtures and fittings are threatened by periodic flooding. It is applicable to listed buildings and unlisted buildings of traditional construction.

It contains advice on preventative measures to minimise flood damage as well as on the inspection, conservation and repair of historic buildings after flooding.

Sources of further information and advice are listed at the end of the guidance.


  Benefits of using our service

Benefits of using our service


As a valued customer of Carlisle Building Control, you are guaranteed to receive an excellent service throughout the whole of the Building Control process, including:

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically