Funding for project development and maintenance work in places of worship.
Cherish is a new three-year programme which will support places of worship in Scotland, Wales and the North-West of England (Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Cumbria).
Alongside grants ranging from £500 to £10,000, the programme will offer wide-ranging support in the form of:
- Maintenance advice.
- Crisis support for communities facing the potential loss of local historic buildings.
- Resourcing for local issues.
- A digital toolkit including buildings care and income generating advice.
- Training to improve local capacity to look after buildings in need.
- Visitor and tourism support.
Speaking on the announcement, Eilish McGuinness, Chief Executive of the National Lottery Heritage Fund, said:
“This grant will direct funding to where it's most needed, protecting and caring for some of our most precious and fragile heritage, at the heart of communities.”
Applications for grant funding are set to open in May 2023.
More information on the Cherish programme can be found on the National Churches Trust website.