You are Here : Residents  >  Bins and Recycling
Thursday , April , 26 2018

  Bins and Recyling FAQ



The Greenbox is our kerbside recycling collection service for paper, glass, aerosol cans and food tins and drink cans.

It would be helpful if you could stack paper to the side of the box, not loose on top, where it could blow away (see 'covers' below). Cans should be crushed where possible, but NO broken glass please. 

Please put your recycling loose into your Greenbox and not in plastic carrier bags. (We can't recycle plastic carrier bags.)  Please place your box at the kerbside before 7am as we cannot return if you miss us.

You may wish to mark your property name or number on your box to ensure safe return.

Greenbox covers

Greenbox covers are now available to collect from the Civic Centre. These make sure that the Greenbox contents - paper, glass, tins and cans - stay dry, do not fall out or blow away. They come complete with ties to fasten securely to your box.

Yes please No thanks 


  • Glass bottles and jars
  • Food tins and cans
  • Aerosol cans 

Please DO NOT deposit:

  • Broken and Plate Glass
  • Light bulbs
  • Pyrex and ceramics
  • Milk bottles
  • Plastics and Cardboard

No Greenbox?

Are you struggling with your Greenbox?

If you have mobility problems or no storage we may be able to help. We have a small quantity of reusable woven bags available for use by the elderly or infirm, or for residents living in smaller properties. Please call us on 01228 817200 to see if you think you need a bag instead of your Greenbox.

You can also call us to arrange assistance with carrying your Greenbox or woven bag if required.

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically