Emergency Planning and Business Continuity Management
Our duties include:
- Assess local risks.
- Put in place Emergency Plans.
- Put in place Business Continuity Management arrangements.
- Put in place arrangements to make information available to the public about civil protection matters.
- Maintain arrangements to warn, inform and advise the public in the event of an emergency.
- Share information with other local responders to enhance co-ordination.
- Co-operate with other local responders to enhance co-ordination and efficiency.
- Provide advice and assistance to businesses and voluntary organisations about business continuity management.
Carlisle City Council:
||Out of Hours
Environment Agency Contacts:
||Out of Hours
|Environment Agency - General
|Floodline 24 hour
|Emergency 24 hour
|Gas Leak (National grid Emergencies)
||0800 111 999
|No Electricity (Electricity Northwest)
||0800 195 4141
|No/dirty Water (United Utilities)
||0845 746 2200
For more detailed and updated information on Emergencies, please visit
A multi-agency partnership, the Cumbria Local Resilience Forum, plans for and responds to major incidents. For more detailed and updated information on emergencies, please visit http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/emergencyplanning/crf.asp
Can your business help in a major incident?
Cumbria has experienced some extreme weather in the last decade and this has led to major incidents being declared. In a major incident we will use our emergency plans to respond to the immediate challenge and once this has been met, plan the recovery.
We assess, plan for, respond to and recover from emergencies through the Cumbria Resilience Forum.This forum is a partnership of organisations and agencies involved with emergency response in our communities.
The partnership includes the voluntary sector, these organisations play an increasingly important role in response and recovery.
There is an opportunity for your business to join the forum and help local communities during a major incident.
If you are interested, please complete the Protocol Document listed in Downloadable Documents and send to [email protected]
We will contact you to discuss your offer and work with you to establish a clear understanding of the opportunity.
Business Continuity Management
Business Continuity Management is about identifying those parts of your organisation that you can't afford to lose and planning how to maintain these if an incident occurs. For further information please see the Business Continuity Management Toolkit.
Carlisle City Council Flooding webpage
Cumbria Winter Ready
Met Office - Winter Ready