Grants and Funding Grants and Funding
You are Here : Residents  >  Grants and Funding
Sunday , October , 25 2020
| Language and Accessibility

Grants and External Funding

Please use the menu below to access information on grants and external funding news and resources. 


Open 4 Business Portal

Open 4 business logo image

To support our businesses during the current COVID-19 crisis, and into the recovery phase, Carlisle City Council is providing free access to Open 4 Business. Open4Business is designed to support businesses locate relevant up to date funding opportunities.

The portal is updated regularly with new local, regional and national funding announcements and can be easily searched by businesses on the basis of their industry, region and business size. The portal then provides information on how to apply for funding and contact funders directly. To search for grants for your business you will first need to register on the Open4Business website


Grants and Funding News

Farming and food grants and payments: Rural grants and payments - registering and updating your details

| Return|

Rural Payments: registering and updating your details

How to register and update your personal, business and land details on the Rural Payments service (including RLE1 guidance).

What is the Rural Payments service?

The Rural Payments service is Defra’s online registration system for farmers, animal keepers and rural traders and businesses.

They can use it to register their details, see and update digital maps of their land and make online applications for certain rural grants and payments.

It can be used by any person or firm representing a farmer or farming business – such as a firm of agricultural agents.

Throughout the Rural Payments service, there is onscreen guidance which explains how to use it.

You must register on the Rural Payments service if you intend to keep farmed animals (or livestock) on your land or business premises.

Published 28 February 2017
Last updated 13 January 2020 — see all updates

From: Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs and Rural Payments Agency

This A to Z of services list provides links to service pages alphabetically